Do you want to be the best? Do you want to reach your full potential as a hockey player?
If so – then the Ice Barn hockey academy is for you.
The Ice Barn Indy Academy offers customized early morning, daytime, or early afternoon development programs for those players who want to profoundly improve their abilities through personalized, cutting edge training, utilizing a training-specific, new facility. The academy provides a pathways for athletes looking to take their game to a new level, leading one day to collegiate and professional competition.
The Ice Barn Academy Program
An elite hockey training experience that accelerates skill development
The Ice Barn’s Training program develops the whole athlete and will accelerate hockey performance. On-ice training will improve individual hockey skills, on-ice game awareness, competition skills, and mental toughness. Off-ice training program develops speed, explosiveness, strength, and athleticism.
When it comes to hockey, we emphasize detailed daily training exercises designed to develop crucial hockey playing skills: skating, puck handling, passing, shooting, hockey IQ and gameplay concepts. Our innovative training curriculum also encourages students to engage in rapid critical-thinking exercises and continuously improve their physical stamina.
Our Unique Facility
The Ice Barn features a unique hockey rink in that it is two thirds the size of a regular ice sheet found in a typical rink setting. With the smaller ice dimensions of the Ice Barn, players will supercharge the development of their all around hockey skills in the following ways:
- Players will handle the puck more, which in a competitive small rink environment develops better fundamental skills and a better understanding of the game.
- Players will develop faster read and react skills with and without the puck. The game is much faster In our rink which forces you to learn to “Think fast & play fast.” This equals “hockey sense”, and the ability to make faster, & better decisions is the single-greatest skill a player can strive to improve.
- Players will develop increased quickness, improved lateral mobility and transitional skating on the smaller ice surface. Your player will “get there faster, & be able to get away from their opponent easier.”
- Players will develop and improve their shooting and passing skills due to the much higher puck touch repetitions, the increased tempo of the up and down game. Our rink size generates more scoring opportunities for both teams.
- Players will be developing their skills and having fun in a different and unique environment. Youth hockey should not be a job; players should have fun playing hockey.
- Players are playing in a less structured 3 on 3 hockey game. This enables them to try new things, not be over-coached , and ultimately creates a self-learning, “pond hockey” experience.
- Goalies will face significantly more shots from all areas of the ice. With the abundance of scoring chances 3-On-3 games create, goalies will face 50-60 shots per game!
- Ice Barn founders believe that players from all ages and skill levels that participate in our built-to-play-fast Ice Barn facility will develop at a faster-pace, strong fundamental skill sets and have more fun in the process!
- Ice Barn Academy coaches provide 1 on 1 instructional opportunities; given the unique size of the rink and acoustics of the building, coaches can easily communicate with players. Quicker, personalized teaching, & more individual instruction.
- Our Academy focuses each day on individual skill development and a commitment to individualized instructional support.
2-50 minute ice sessions daily with Academy instructors
Video teaching session 2 x week (individual and team video)
Off-ice stretching (stay healthy!)
Mental Skills training session weekly
Shooting skills training (during goalie sessions)